Wabaseemoong Independent Nations is seeking applicants for renovation work in the community. Eight general workers for a 6 month term renovation project for residential house(s).
The general labour jobs include: replacing of bedroom windows, living room windows, doors, shingles, eavestrough, vents on roofs, as well as replacing some chimneys and pipes. Knowledge of carpentry or skills with power tools is an asset but not required.
Available positions include:
- (2) Two experienced general labourers who will work with minimal supervision and are experienced with general carpentry.
- (6) Six trainees, willing to learn from a licensed journeyman
We are looking for reliable workers to undertake renovation tasks on the interior or exterior of residential premises. You must be well-organized with strong general repair skills. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina to work in a variety of conditions are valued greatly in this job.
- Replacing of bedroom windows, living room windows, doors, shingles, eavestrough, vents on roofs,
- Replacing some chimneys and pipes.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Clean facilities by sweeping, dusting etc.
- Paint and fill gaps
- Undertake light installation or carpentry
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs
- Some experience as handyman or carpenter
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic math skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Deadline for applications Monday June 22, 2020
Applications can be emailed or dropped off with:
Band Council Secretary
Whitedog Post Office
Whitedog, ON P0X 1P0