Wabaseemoong Independent Nation is looking for a talented IT technician to join our team and help us grow.
The IT Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain network operations, monitor and document network environment for performance health;
- Maintain computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, planning and implementing roll-out projects, and installing hardware and software solutions;
- Meet network requirements by designing, developing and installing network solutions;
- Provide ‘Helpdesk’ support to staff; Admin and Cloud design
- Obtain technical equipment by required specifications.
- Extensive Windows Server Administration and support
- To identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate issues that affect Windows, Linux, Office 365, Google Workspace and related products.
- Create, maintain, and update all infrastructures
- Performing infrastructure capacity planning
- Maintain an awareness of the dependencies of all infrastructures.
- DADAVAN Administrator and support
- Office 365 Administrator
- Network deployment, overhaul, and support
- Provide support to the Wabaseemoong School student data-base program
- Perform regular maintenance and upgrades to the Wabaseemoong student base program
- Provide regular reports to the Wabaseemoong Senior Administrator and Directors
- Assist with the installation and set-up of IT software, hardware and smart screens
- Advise and troubleshoot on IT network infrastructure.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or equivalent/work experience.
- Min 5 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of security products including firewalls, IDS/IPS, virus/malware protection, internet filtering, encryption desirable
- Ability to operate computers with a wide variety of software applications.
Wabaseemoong Independent Nation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitedog, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-13
Send cover letter, resume along with (3) work related references to: