THERE’S HELP FOR LOWER-INCOME FIRST NATIONS HOUSEHOLDS!
The following organizations are ready to help you:
• Ontario Native Welfare Administrators’ Association (ONWAA) at 1-844-885-3157 or email@example.com
• The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) Contact Centre at 1- 855-831-8151 (toll free within Ontario)
• Your local electricity utility
OR you can contact the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) at 1-877-632-2727 (toll-free within Ontario)
DO YOU QUALIFY?
If you are a customer of an electricity utility and in a lower-income home, you may qualify for a reduction on your electricity bill through the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP).
YOU COULD RECEIVE A CREDIT ON YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL
The OESP will reduce the cost of your household electricity by applying a monthly credit directly to your bill if you qualify.
WHAT SUPPORT COULD YOU RECEIVE?
The amount of the credit you could receive depends on two factors:
• How many people live in your home and
• Your combined household income
To help address some of the unique challenges that can lead to higher electricity use and costs in many communities, the OESP provides a higher level of support to lower-income First Nations households.
For example, a home with four people and an annual household income of $39,000 can receive an on-bill credit of $50 each month.
HOW DO I APPLY?
You can apply through the Ontario Native Welfare Administrators’ Association (ONWAA).
ONWAA will be coming to your community to provide on-site, face-to-face, assistance. They can help you complete the application.
You can also apply on line if you have recently filed taxes and have verified income from the Canada Revenue Agency that reflects the household’s total income.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE TO ONWAA?
Please provide your ONWAA representative with:
- Your electricity bill
- Names and birth dates of all residents in your home
- Proof of household income for everyone residing in your household.
For more information or to apply online go to the Ontario Electricity Support Program website: