FULL COMMUNITY LOCKDOWN IN EFFECT COMMENCING 8:00 PM, FEBRUARY 10, 2021
In accordance with Chief and Council’s order a FULL LOCKDOWN is in effect COMMENCING 8PM February 10, 2021 for 7 days. This may be extended to 14 days if required. We have to take effective measures to ensure the safety of our community. Strict protocols are to be followed so hopefully we can contain this outbreak.
The following rules are in effect:
- Everyone must STAY AT HOME in their own houses/yards;
- No one will be allowed in and out of the community (except emergency medical situations);
- Only authorized essential worker employees including public health and nursing services, EMS, are allowed to attend work;
- All other Wabaseemoong Independent Nations buildings will remain closed;
- All deliveries to the check stop will be cancelled after today until further notice;
OUR PRIORITY IS YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY. The rules we put in place are for everyone’s safety. We now must ALL rapidly work together to contain the virus. Everyone of us must be responsible.
PLEASE REMEMBER NO VISITING ANYONE. It is absolutely essential that everyone follow the rules. We will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.
The call centre remains open. You can reach them at 807-444 2556.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available. Stay safe.
Chief, Wabaseemoong Independent Nations