POSITION: Recreation Worker (2 positions)
TERM: Shift work – Evenings & Weekends
RESPONSIBLE TO: WCYW Program Coordinator, Kevin Scott
Deadline to Apply is August 4, 2020
Wabaseemoong Child & Youth Wellness Program have immediate openings for (2) Recreation worker positions to manage & organize recreational activities for the youth during the evenings & weekends at the Youth Centre. The Recreation workers will be expected to support and mentor the youth in all aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Case Management – Manage and monitor all program activities such monitoring attendance, incident reports, scheduling, & program expense monitoring
- Confidentiality- Employees shall keep confidential any and all information they acquire during the course of employment
- Facilitating – The recreation workers will oversee and be responsible for all planning, organizing & scheduling activities for the youth.
- Management duties – The recreation workers will provide supervision and direction to all employees, participants & visitors
- Must be able to work flexible hours such as evenings and weekends
- Must collaborate and work closely with administration
- Other duties may be added by supervisor within reasonable guild lines and considerations
- High school diploma or equivalent skills demonstrated in a previous work experience
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft word, Power point, & Spreadsheet
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in working with children and youth
- Must provide a current vulnerable sector-check
- Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills & leadership abilities.
- The ability to interact with youth in a compassionate and helpful way.
Please forward your resume, cover letter to:
Tyra Quewezance, Program Assistant