Manitoba Travel Restriction Recommended for All Wabaseemoong Citizens to Limit the Spread of COVID-19.
As of the announcement by the Manitoba Government on Thursday November 12, 2020 travel to Manitoba including Winnipeg is not advised for members of Wabaseemoong Independent Nations. Manitoba is experiencing record-high levels of Covid-19 cases per capita and currently have restrictions under provincial Red level. Only Citizens with essential medical appointments are allowed to travel. You must call the clinic at (807) 927-2440 if attending an appointment and must self isolate for 14 days upon return to the community.
Our community, like many Indigenous communities, has a population that includes a number of citizens with underlying health conditions. We have been proactive by taking steps to keep our citizens safe.
Health Care in Manitoba Restrictions
Where non-urgent and elective surgeries and/or procedures may be impacted, patients will be contacted directly if their scheduled appointments or procedures are affected. Patients who are not contacted should show up to their appointments as scheduled.
In-patient visitation to hospitals or health centres will be suspended, with exceptions made on a case-by-case basis for patients receiving end-of-life care, in labour and delivery, as well as in pediatrics.
If Travel for Medical Appointments is Nessessary
- Travel directly to your destination – do not stop to visit others or go shopping
- Wear a surgical mask
- Avoid direct contact with others (This includes restaurants, gas stations, or service facilities)
All Citizens are Encouraged to Continue to Use Social distancing strategies including:
- Minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two metres) contact between other individuals in public;
- Avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
- Disinfecting frequently used surfaces;
- Following public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus
– CHIEF WAYLON SCOTT
For more information or if you have questions, please contact email@example.com