Economic Development Officer (One month contract term position with possible extension)
The Economic Development Officer (EDO) is responsible to create an economic environment that is focused on attracting and retaining businesses and
economic growth for the community including research, marketing, and promotion. The EDO is also in charge of developing and managing strategies to
stimulate business activity and investment in the community/territory, and works with internal and external stakeholders to help promote offerings and
potential to business sectors, residents and visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the economic well-being of the community and support new and existing business development opportunities.
- Develop and implement an economic development and marketing strategy that highlights development opportunities in target markets and high ROI
- Develop a communication plan to promote Wabaseemoong and enhance the regions online presence through website content, accessible information
and employing social media to inform and engage the public.
- Proactively pursue and apply for grant funding opportunities.
- Collect and maintain information on all government financial support programs including feasibility studies, loan guarantees, market support, research
and development assistance, and agency loan programs.
- Maintain financial records; create budgets and present information to Chief and Council on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with staff from the various Federal and Provincial Departments and Agencies that are administering Economic Development programs in Ontario.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A business development background with strong business acumen and a proven track record of successful business endeavors, experience at a
leadership level is desirable.
- College or University degree in Commerce, Business or a related field and demonstrable success working in Economic Development, marketing, and/or
public relations is an asset
- Outstanding oral and written communication combined with strong presentation skills;
- Possess proven financial management and budgeting skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage demanding timelines;
- Confident interpersonal and management skills to interact professionally and effectively with Chief and Council and external members of the
community, business, and customers.
- Technical savvy or experience operating CMS and social media platforms;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills required;
- Possess high level of self-motivation and discipline.
- Fluency in Ojibwe considered an asset
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume with 3 work References by Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 12 noon.
Please apply to:
Cynthia Cameron Band Council Secretary,
Wabaseemoong Independent Nations
General Delivery Whitedog Ontario P0X 1P0 .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.